[ Current Activities ] [ Educational Background ] [ Research Interests ] [ Publications ] [ Students ] [ Teaching Experiences ] [ Familiarity with Computer Environments ] [ Professional Experiences ] [ Links ]
- I've started as an assistant professor in Sharif University of Technology from Aug 2009.
- My main research area is computational geometry.
- I teach Advanced Java Programming this semester.
- PhD in Computer Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, Tehran, Iran [2003-2008]
- M.S. in Computer Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, Tehran, Iran [2000-2002]
- B.S. in Computer Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, Tehran, Iran [1996-2000]
- Diploma in Math. and Physics, Bagher AlOloum High School, Ilam, Iran [1992-1996]
- Computational Geometry
- Computational Complexity
- Approximation Algorithms
- Randomized Algorithms
- Graph Theory
- A. Mashreghi, A. Zarei, When Diameter Matters: Parameterized Approximation Algorithms for Bounded Diameter Minimum Steiner Tree Problem, Theory of Computing Systems 58(2), February 2016, pp. 287-303.
- S. Alipour, M. Ghodsi, A. Zarei, M. Pourreza, Visibility Testing and Counting, Information Processing Letters 115(9), September 2015, pp. 649-654.
- Z. Rahmati, M. Abam, V. King, S. Whitesides, A. Zarei, A Simple, Faster Method for Kinetic Proximity Problems, Computational Geometry: Theory and Applications 48(4), December 2014, pp. 342-359.
- A. Ahadi, A. Mozafari, A. Zarei, Touring a Sequence of Disjoint Polygons: Complexity and Extension, Theoretical Computer Science (556), June 2014, pp. 45-54.
- S. Daneshpajouh, M. Ghodsi, A. Zarei, Computing Polygonal Path Simplification under Area Measures, Graphical Models 74(5), April 2012, pp. 283-289.
- Z. Rahmati, A. Zarei, Kinetic Euclidean Minimum Spanning Tree in the Plane, Journal of Discrete Algorithms (16), April 2012, pp. 2-11.
- A. Zarei, M. Ghodsi, Efficient Observer-Dependent Simplification in Polygonal Domains, Algorithmica (2011), January 14 , 2011, pp. 1-21.
- A. Zarei, M. Ghodsi, A practical approach for planar visibility maintenance, International Journal for Geometry and Graphics, Volume 13, No. 1, 2009, pp. 1-16.
- M. A. Abam, M. de Berg, P. Hachenberger, and A. Zarei, Streaming Algorithms for Line Simplification, Discrete Computational Geometry, Volume 43, No. 3, 2010, pp. 497-515.
- A. Zarei, M. Ghodsi, Query Point Visibility Computation in Polygons with Holes, Computational Geometry: Theory and Applications, Volume 39, Issue 2, February 2008, pp. 78-90.
- A. Zarei, M. Ghodsi, A New Algorithm for Guarding Triangulated Irregular Networks, CSI journal of Computer Science and Engineering, Volume 2, No. 2&4, Summer 2004 & Winter 2005, pp. 11-17.
- A. Mozafari, A. Zarei, Touring Convex Polygons in Polygonal Domain Fences, 11th Conference on Combinatorial Optimization and Applications (COCOA'2017), pp. 61-75, Shanghai, China, December 16-18, 2017.
- H. Boumari, A. Zarei, Visibility Graphs of Anchor Polygons, The First IFIP International Conference on Topics in Theoretical Computer Science(TTCS 2015) , pp. 72-89, IPM, Tehran, Iran, August 26-28, 2015.
- G. Emadi, A. Zarei, All Approximating Segments for a Sequence of Points, 26th Canadian Conference on Computational Geometry (CCCG'2014), pp. 436-442, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, August 11-13, 2014.
- A. Ahadi, A. Mozafari, A. Zarei, Touring Disjoint Polygons Problem is NP-Hard, COCOA 2013, Chengdu, China, LNCS (Volume 8287) by Springer-Verlag, 2013, pp. 351-360.
- M. Abam, Z. Rahmati, A. Zarei, Kinetic Pie Delaunay Graph and Its Applications, SWAT 2012, Helsinki, Finland, LNCS (Volume 7357) by Springer-Verlag, 2012, pp. 48-58.
- A. Mozafari, A. Zarei, Touring Polygons: An Approximation Algorithm, IWOCA 2012, Tamil Nadu, India, LNCS (Volume 7643) by Springer-Verlag, 2012, pp. 110-121.
- Z. Rahmati, A. Zarei, Kinetic Euclidean Minimum Spanning Tree in the Plane, IWOCA 2011, Winnipeg, Canada, LNCS (Volume 7056) by Springer-Verlag, 2011, pp. 261-274.
- S. Alipour, A. Zarei, Visibility Testing and Counting, FAW-AAIM 2011, Jinhua, China, LNCS (Volume 6681) by Springer-Verlag, 2011, pp. 343-351.
- Z. Rahmati, A. Zarei, Combinatorial Changes of Euclidean Minimum Spanning Tree of Moving Points in the Plane, 22th Canadian Conference on Computational Geometry (CCCG'2010), pp. 43-45, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, August 9-11, 2010.
- S. Daneshpajouh, A. Zarei, M. Ghodsi, On Realistic Line Simplification under Area Measure, The 2009 IAENG International Conference on Computer Science (ICCS'09), Hong Kong, 18-20 March, 2009, pp. 465-470.
- A. Zarei, M. Ghodsi, On Planar Visibility Polygon Simplification, 24th European Workshop on Computational Geometry, March 18-20, 2008, Nancy, France.
- A. A. Khosravi, A. Zarei, M. Ghodsi, Efficient Visibility Maintenance of a Moving Segment Observer inside a Simple Polygon, 19th Canadian Conference on Computational Geometry (CCCG'2007), pp. 249-252, Ottawa, Canada, August 20-22, 2007.
- Mos. NouriBygi, A. Zarei, M. Ghodsi, Weak Visibility of Two Objects in Planar Polygonal Scenes, 7th Annual International Workshop on Computational Geometry and Applications (CGA'07), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, LNCS (Volume 4705) by Springer-Verlag, 2007, pp. 68-81.
- M. A. Abam, M. de Berg, P. Hachenberger, and A. Zarei, Streaming Algorithms for Line Simplification, 23rd ACM Symp. on Computational Geometry (SoCG), pp.175--183, 2007.
- M. A. Abam, M. de Berg, P. Hachenberger, and A. Zarei, Streaming Algorithms for Line Simplification under the Frechet Distance, 23rd European Workshop on Computational Geometry, pp. 77--80, 2007.
- A. Zarei, M Ghodsi, Efficient Computation of Query Point Visibility in Polygons with Holes, 21st Annual ACM Symposium on Computational Geometry, June 6-8, 2005, Pisa, Italy, pp. 314-320.
- H. Khojamli, A. Zarei, Connected Covering for Rectangular Planar Subdivisions, (in Persian), 21st CSI Computer Conference (CSICC'2016).
- Z.S. Emamy, A. Zarei, Pseudo-Triangulating a Simple Polygon from Its Visibility Graph, (in Persian), 20st CSI Computer Conference (CSICC'2015).
- Z. Rahmati, A. Zarei, Euclidean Minimum Spaning Tree for Moving Points, (in Persian), 15st CSI Computer Conference (CSICC'2009).
- S. Daneshpajouh, A. Zarei, M. Ghodsi, Line Simplification under Difference-Area Measure, 15st CSI Computer Conference (CSICC'2009).
- A. Zarei, M. Ghodsi, Exact Visibility Maintenance in Planar Polygonal Scenes in Practical Applications, 12th CSI Computer Conference (CSICC'2006), Shahid Beheshti University, Tehran, Feb 20--22, 2007.
- Moj. NouriBaygi, A. Zarei, M. Ghodsi, Optimal Maintenance of 3D Visibility Complex, (in Persian), 11th CSI Computer Conference (CSICC'2006), IPM School of Computer Science, Tehran, Jan 24--26, 2006.
- A. Zarei, A. A. Khosravi, M. Ghodsi, Maintaining Visibility Polygon of a Moving Point Observer in Polygons with Holes, 11th CSI Computer Conference (CSICC'2006), IPM School of Computer Science, Tehran, Jan 24--26, 2006.
- A. Zarei and M. Ghodsi, Some Results on Computing the Visibility of a Query Point inside Polygons with Holes, 10th CSI Computer Conference (CSICC'2005), Iran Telecommunication Research Center, Tehran Feb 15--17, 2005, pp. 222-229.
- A. Zarei and M. Ghodsi, A new algorithm for guarding on Triangulated Irregular Networks, (in Persian), 8th CSI Computer Conference (CSICC'2003), Firdausi University of Mashhad, Feb 25--28, 2003.
- A. Zarei and M. Ghodsi, Graph Coloring Using Network Flows, (in Persian), 7th CSI Computer Conference (CSICC'2002), Iran Telecommunication Research Center, March 3--5, 2002, pp. 72--79.
- A. Zarei, Efficient Visibility Computation and Simplification in Different Environments , Ph.D. Thesis, Computer Engineering Department, Sharif University of Technology, under supervission of Prof. M. Ghodsi, November 2008.
- A. Zarei, Approximation Algorithms for Minimum Guard Set on Triangulated Irregular Networks, M.S. Thesis, Computer Engineering Department, Sharif University of Technology, under supervission of Prof. M. Ghodsi, November 2002.
- A. Zarei, A Reusable Web Access Controlling System, B.Sc Thesis, Computer Engineering Department, Sharif University of Technology, under supervission of Dr. S. H. Mirian, January 2001.
- Zahra Alizadeh, Thesis: Recognition and Reconstruction of 1.5 Dimensional Terrain from Visibility Graph,
- Hossein Boomari, Thesis: Recognizing and reconstruction of visibility graphs of simple polygons,
- Arash Ahadi, Thesis: Conditional Geometric Touring and Connectedness, Graduated in Jan. 2019
- Mina Yazdani Ghoshchi, Thesis: Recognition and Reconstruction of Visibility Graph in Special Cases,
- Seyed Karou Sahhafi, Thesis: Minimum Link Tour,
- Amir Tavassolian, Thesis: Computing Shortest Path and Minimum Spanning Tree under Uncertainty,
- Ayda Esmaradi, Thesis: How a Change in Visibility Graph Affects its Underlying Polygon,
- Soheila Farrokhi, Thesis: Finding the Hamiltonian Cycle Corresponding to the Boundary of a Polygon in its Visibility Graph, Graduated in Jan. 2019
- Mojtaba Ostovari Deylamani, Thesis: On Characterizing TIN Visibility Graphs, Graduated in Sep. 2018
- Majid Javan, Thesis: A Novel Method for Path Reconstruction Using Visibility Graph, Graduated in Jan. 2017
- Shahla Naseri, Thesis: Line Simplification Using Hausdroff Distance as Error Metric, Graduated in Sep. 2015
- Masoud Abdi, Thesis: Core-set Recognition in On-line Data Stream, Graduated in Sep. 2015
- Sima Hajiaghaei Shanjani, Thesis: Geometric Algorithms For Points Covering Problem, Graduated in Jan. 2015
- Zahra-Sadat Emamy, Thesis: Characterizing an Environment from Visibility Information, Graduated in Sep. 2014
- Navid Asadian, Thesis: Separating colored Points, Graduated in Sep. 2014
- Ali Mashreghi, Thesis: Bicriteria Network Design Problems, Graduated in Sep. 2014
- Mehrdad Khavarian, Thesis: Unsupervised Pattern Recognition In Data Streams, Graduated in Jan. 2014
- Masoumeh Panahi Shahri, Thesis: Guarding a Terrain by Watch-Towers, Graduated in Sep. 2013
- Hossein Boomari, Thesis: Multi-Camera 3D-Reconstruction and Using Multi-Camera for Mobile Real-Time 3D-Reconstruction, Graduated in Sep. 2013
- Halimeh Khojamli, Thesis: Connected Covering of a Rectangulared Planar Subdivision, Graduated in Sep. 2013
- Sahar Mehrpour, Thesis: Reconstructing an Environment from Visibility Information, Graduated in Sep. 2013
- Mohammad Javad Davari, Thesis: Navigation with Minimum Link Path, Graduated in Oct. 2012
- Farnaz Tehranchi, Thesis: Computational Geometry Problems in Black Box Model, Graduated in Oct. 2012
- Gobad Emadi, Thesis: Path Simplification, Graduated in Dec. 2011
- Sharareh Alipour, Thesis: Planar Visibility Counting, Graduated in Sep. 2011
- Mohammad Hasanzadeh, Thesis: Using Recurrent Neural Networks for Robot Motion Planning, Graduated in Dec. 2010
- Fatemeh Emamian, Thesis: IO-Efficient Algorithms and Data Structures for Geometric Problems, Graduated in Dec. 2010
- Zahed Rahmati, Thesis: Studying Proximity Problems on Moving Points, Graduated in Aug. 2010
- Theory of Computer Science
- Computational Geometry
- Advanced Algorithms
- Matrix Computation
- Randomized Algorithms
- Introduction to the Theory of Languages and Automata
- Design and Analysis of Algorithms
- Operating System
- Discrete Mathematics
- Data Structures
- Programming Business Systems
- Advanced Programming (Java)
- Advanced Programming (C++)
- Basic Computer Programming (Java)
- Basic Computer Programming (Pascal)
Familiarity with Computer Environments
- Operating Systems : Microsoft Windows families, Ubuntu
- Programming Languages : JAVA, C/C++, Pascal/Delphi, HTML/DHTML/Java Script/PHP
- DBMSs :Oracle, MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MS Access.
- Project Manager, General Electronic Questionnaire for Statictical Center of Iran, Jan 2010 to Sep. 2014.
- Project Manager, System Analyst, Designer and Programmer in Cyber Mehr Ltd from Aug. 2001 to Mar. 2008.
- System Designer and Programmer in Chameh Anformatic from Feb. 2000 to Jul. 2001.
- Project Manager, System Analyst, Designer and Programmer in Ragham Pardaz Ltd from May. 1999 to Nov. 2000.
- Developing software systems including e-shop, university automation, email service.
Last Modified: April 19, 2015