If you would like to be my TA, please carefully read the followings.
TA Positions for Spring 2020:
- 25537 Parallel Programming and Architectures. Role: TA for the programming exercises and projects.
- 25767 Object Oriented Programming. Role: TA for the programming exercises and projects.
- 25719 Advanced Programming Lab. Role: Lab TA. Lab Hours: Tuesdays 4:30-7:30pm.
- Lab Assistant. Role: Maintain the lab.
Prepare all the following documents and bring their hard copy to my office in a single package. You may slide the package under the door in case I'm not there.
Submissions through email or incomplete applications are discarded without notice.
- TA application form (fill in a separate form for each course)
- BSc transcript (for BSc students)
- BSc and MSc transcripts (for MSc students)
- BSc, MSc and PhD transcripts (for PhD students)
Time-line and Important Deadlines
- The deadline to submit your application package is 98/11/19.
- Applications are processed in a first-come-first-serve order, hence, you are encouraged not to wait till the deadline.
- You will be notified of the decision through email normally within two weeks after submission of your application package. Please do not send an email inquiry.
- In the decision email, you will receive a form which contains the set of tasks assigned to you. At this point, you have three days to accept or decline the offer. You may decline the offer by sending an email. Accepting the offer requires you to sign a hard copy of the form and bring it to my office. You may slide the signed form under the door in case I'm not in my office. If I don't receive the signed form within three days I assume you have declined the offer.
Rules, Duties and Expectations
- Your task as a TA is very crucial, especially for courses with lab settings or large projects. Make sure you have enough time and motivation before submitting your request. My estimate is about 5 hours a week. You will not receive any credit for your TA'ship if you don't do a good job.
- You should meet all the deadlines specified for the tasks assigned to you without any exceptions. If you think a certain task is too heavy and you are not able to meet its deadline, you should let me know at the time I am specifying the task and its deadline not later; and certainly not at or after the deadline.
- We will set a fixed time slot for weekly meetings. If required, I may call for extra meetings as well. You should attend all the meetings.
- Besides the meetings, e-mail is our main form of communication. You should check your e-mail frequently and respond within one day.
- You must maintain a professional relationship with the students.
- You shall not announce anything to the students on your own, especially regarding the course policies. Everything should be coordinated with me first.
- Any information regarding the class, the students, or your TA tasks is strictly confidential and you shall not discuss it with anyone or post it anywhere on-line, even anonymously.