If you would like to be my TA, please carefully read the followings.
- 25537 Parallel Programming and Architectures. Role: TA for the programming exercises and projects.
- 25767 Object Oriented Programming. Role: TA for the programming exercises, projects, and TA sessions.
Prepare all the following documents and send them in one single email. Do not compress the files. Attach them one by one.
Incomplete applications are discarded without notice.
- TA application form (fill in a separate form for each course)
- BSc transcript (for BSc students)
- BSc and MSc transcripts (for MSc students)
- BSc, MSc and PhD transcripts (for PhD students)
Time-line and Important Deadlines
- The deadline to submit your application package is before the first day of class.
- Applications are processed in a first-come-first-serve order, hence, you are encouraged not to wait till the deadline.
- You will be notified of the decision through email normally within three weeks after submission of your application package. Please do not send an email inquiry.
Rules, Duties and Expectations
- Your task as a TA is very crucial, especially for courses with lab settings or large projects. Make sure you have enough time and motivation before submitting your request. My estimate is about 5 hours a week. You will not receive any credit for your TA'ship if you don't do a good job.
- You should meet all the deadlines specified for the tasks assigned to you without any exceptions. If you think a certain task is too heavy and you are not able to meet its deadline, you should let me know at the time I am specifying the task and its deadline not later; and certainly not at or after the deadline.
- Besides the meetings, e-mail is our main form of communication. You should check your e-mail frequently and respond within one day.
- You must maintain a professional relationship with the students.
- You shall not announce anything to the students on your own, especially regarding the course policies. Everything should be coordinated with me first.
- Any information regarding the class, the students, or your TA tasks is strictly confidential and you shall not discuss it with anyone or post it anywhere on-line, even anonymously.