Advanced Programming (25-777)
Department of Electrical Engineering
Sharif University of Technology
This course covers object-oriented software design and the C++ language, along with GUI design in Qt and advanced topics on Linux.
The course involves a large course project and many homework projects which require dedication and teamwork skills.
- Class sessions: Sundays and Tuesdays 9 - 10:30 am
- Problem solving sessions: Sundays 12 - 1:30 pm
- Linux/Qt sessions: Tuesdays 12 - 1:30 pm
- C++ : Stroustrup, "The C++ Programming Language", Addison-Wesley, 4th Ed., 2013.
- STL : Josuttis, "The C++ Standard Library - A Tutorial and Reference", Addison-Wesley, 2nd Ed., 2012.
- Linux : Shotts, "The Linux Command Line - A Complete Introduction", No Starch Press, 2012.
- Qt : Molkentin, "The Book of Qt 4 - The Art of Building Qt Applications", No Starch Press, 2007.
- Vim : Robbins, "Learning the Vi and Vim Editors", O'Reilly Media, 7th Ed., 2008.
- Stroustrup, "A Tour of C++", Addison-Wesley, 1st Ed., 2013.
- Deitel and Deitel, "C++ How To Program", Prentice Hall, 8th Ed., 2011.
- Prata, "C++ Primer Plus", Addison-Wesley, 6th Ed., 2011.
- Petersen, "Linux - The Complete Reference", McGraw-Hill, 6th Ed., 2007.