CE 40-442: Operating SystemsSaturday/Monday 1330-1500
Room: 900 CE Building
Office Hours: Mon 16:30 to 17:00
TAs: Solmaz Salimi
Seyed Hooman Shahrokhi
Quick Links: Description Acknowledgment Policies Announcements Homeworks CourseMaterial
Description:This is an introductory course to Operating Systems. This course is primarily based on the Operating Systems course taught by John D. Kubiatowicz at Berkeley.
Prerequisites: 40-323 Computer Architecture
Acknowledgment: This course is primarily based on the Operating Systems ourse taught by John D. Kubiatowicz at Berkeley.
- Grading policy is as follows. This is tentative.
- 25% Homeworks
- 40% Group Homeworks
- 15% Midterm
- 25% Final
There will be no exceptions to the following rules:
- If you turn in your assignments one day late you will loose 25% of the grade, two days will cost you 50% and three days 75% of the grade. No submissions will be accepted after the third day. Penlaty may be calculted continusly and per hour of delay.
- Cell Phones must be turned off when you are in class.
- There will be a zero tolerance policy for cheating/copying HWs. The first time you are caught, you will receive a zero for the task at hand. If you are caught for a second time, you will fail the course.
- Providing your assignment to someone else is considered cheating on your behalf.
- Midterm will be on 1396/9/4.
- HW0, Deadline: 1395/7/5, 11:59PM.
- HW 1: Available: 1396/7/10, Deadline: 1396/7/20, 11:59PM.
- HW 2: Available: 1395/7/23, Deadline: 1395/8/4, 11:59PM.
- HW 3: Available: 1396/8/13, Deadline: 1396/8/23, 11:59PM.
- GHW 1: Available: 1396/7/15, Design Deadline: 1396/7/25, Code Submission Deadline: 1396/8/7, Final Report Submission: 1396/8/10, 11:59PM.
- GHW 2: Available: 1396/8/13, Design Deadline: 1396/8/26, Code Submission Deadline: 1396/9/11, Final Report Submission: 1396/9/13, 11:59PM.
- GHW 3: Available: 1396/9/17, Design Deadline: 1396/9/26, Code Submission Deadline: 1396/10/4, Final Report Submission: 1396/10/6, 11:59PM.
Course Material: This is a tentative class schedule
- Lecture 1- What is an Operating System [PDF]
- Lecture 2- Introduction to the Process [PDF]