Abbas Heydarnoori, Ph.D.
Abbas Heydarnoori is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Computer Engineering at Sharif University of Technology since 2012. Before joining the Sharif University of Technology, he worked as a software engineer at Xtreme Labs Inc. (acquired by Pivotal), Toronto, Canada in 2011. Before that, in 2010, he was a post-doctoral fellow in the Faculty of Informatics at the University of Lugano, Switzerland working with Prof. Walter Binder. He finished his PhD studies in 2009 under the supervision of Prof. Krzysztof Czarnecki in the School of Computer Science at the University of Waterloo, Canada. The details of his PhD research can be obtained from here. He also received his MSc and BSc degrees from Sharif University of Technology in 2001 and 1999 respectively.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (+98)-21-66166648
- Fax: (+98)-21-66019246
- Address: Sharif Univ. of Tech., Dept of Comp. Eng., P.O. Box 11365-11155, Azadi Avenue, Tehran, Iran
- Software Evolution
- Mining Software Repositories
- Recommendation Systems in Software Engineering
- Reverse Engineering and Reengineering of Software Systems
- Application Frameworks
- Software Engineering for Mobile Applications
- Assistant Professor (2012-Present), Department of Computer Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, Iran.
- Software Engineer (2011), Xtreme Labs Inc., Toronto, Canada (acquired by Pivotal).
- Postdoctoral Fellow (2010), Faculty of Informatics, University of Lugano, Switzerland.
- PhD (2009), School of Computer Science, University of Waterloo, Canada.
- MSc (2001), Department of Computer Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, Iran.
- BSc (1999), Department of Computer Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, Iran.
Major Awards and Honors
- [Jan. 2007] Math Faculty Scholarship, University of Waterloo, Canada.
- [Sep. 2002 - Dec. 2005] International Doctoral Students Award (IDSA), University of Waterloo, Canada.
- [Aug. 2001] Best Engineering Challenge Paper Award, RoboCup Symposium, Seattle, USA (together with the SharifCE team).
- [Aug. 2001] Champion of the Intelligent Coaches in RoboCup Soccer Simulation World Championship, Seattle, USA (together with the Sharif-Arvand team).
- [June 2001] 3rd place of the RoboCup Soccer Simulation European Championship, Paderbourn, Germany (together with the Sharif-Arvand team).
- [Sep. 2000] 3rd place of the RoboCup Middle Size World Championship, Melbourne, Australia (together with the SharifCE team).
- [June 2000] Champion of the RoboCup Middle Size European Championship, Amsterdam, Netherlands (together with the SharifCE team).